The bad news is that results wont necessarily be immediate, but the good news is that there is help. Contact your local child support agency. In Alameda County it is http://www.acgov.org/css/
The local child support agency can:
- Establish paternity, child support and medical coverage court orders.
- Locate the non-custodial parent and his or her assets to enforce the court order.
- Collect and distribute child, medical, and spousal support payments.
- Maintain accounts of payments owed and received.
- Modify court orders when appropriate.
- Enforce Alameda County Court orders for child, spousal and medical support